In large part due to the pandemic, virtual trade shows have gained steam as a cost-effective, efficient way for businesses to showcase products, connect with potential customers and nurture industry relationships. With ongoing advancements in technology trending toward digital interactions, mastering the art of managing virtual trade shows is essential for modern companies.
Continue reading to explore seven key strategies to help you effectively navigate and optimize virtual trade show experiences.
- Define Clear Objectives: It’s crucial to outline clear goals for virtual events, whether the objective is generating leads, increasing brand visibility, networking with industry professionals, or launching new products. Having a clear set of goals allows event managers to tailor their approach and measure the success of each trade show.
- Select the Right Platform: Choosing the appropriate virtual trade show platform is paramount to your event’s success. Platforms should be evaluated on their features, user interface, configurability and scalability. It is additionally important to consider the platform’s technical support and compatibility with various devices and operating systems to ensure a seamless experience for participants on either side of the screen.
- Design an Engaging Virtual Booth: Your virtual booth is the digital representation of your brand and serves as the focal point for attracting and engaging attendees to visit. Pay attention to booth aesthetics, incorporating captivating visuals, high-quality product images, and videos that showcase your products. Offer engaging content such as demonstrations, webinars, and value-add resources. Encourage attendees to interact through live chat and Q&A sessions, building impactful industry connections.
- Promote Your Virtual Trade Show: Putting together a comprehensive marketing strategy that generates awareness and excitement about your virtual trade show is one way to maximize attendance. Attendees will be attracted to the event with visually-appealing promotional materials, teaser content and giveaways (think, swag!). Influencers, partners and industry experts can help expand the reach of your content and will attract a broader audience.
- Share Engaging Content and Presentations: Delivering valuable and informative content that educates and captivates your audience is one strategy to drive a successful virtual trade show. Engaging presentations and discussions with interactive elements like live Q&A sessions, polls, and surveys encourage attendee participation. Consider providing on-demand content for attendees to access following the event to extend its value beyond the trade show dates.
- Facilitate Networking Opportunities: Virtual trade shows are not only for showcasing products; they are meant to network and build relationships. Incorporating features that enable attendees to connect with each other, such as virtual meeting rooms or networking lounges, is one way to connect event attendees. Another is to host virtual happy hours, roundtable discussions, or one-on-one meetings to facilitate meaningful connections and collaborations. Encourage participants to exchange contact information through an easy-to-use digital networking platform.
- Measure Success and Follow Up: Measuring event success and impact is a crucial step to take after your virtual trade show ends. Analyze attendee engagement metrics, conversion rates and feedback to identify areas of improvement for future virtual events. Follow up with leads promptly, providing personalized messages and continuing the conversation to build on relationships developed during the show.
Virtual trade shows have transformed the way businesses connect with their target audience, enabling companies to reach a global audience from the comfort of their computer screen. Running virtual trade shows effectively will unlock a world of opportunities for your company. Contact a Bravura event specialist today to learn how our configurable, scalable tool can support your virtual trade shows.