When events end, (some of) the work is just beginning. After the completion of an event’s execution, it’s time to shine a light on post-event engagement strategies.
What are the benefits of post-event strategies?
The actions companies take to maintain momentum following an event is part and parcel of a post-event strategy. These plans drive attendees, exhibitors and sponsors to continue to engage with your brand after an event comes to a close. A post-event strategy can increase your return on investment by converting guests into clients. Focus on these key activities as part of your overall strategy:
- Foster Connections: Developing efficient channels of communication that foster and cultivate business relationships is a crucial element of a post-event follow-up.
- Collect Event Feedback: Acquire valuable post-events insights that allow you to assess attendee satisfaction. This feedback is essential to comprehend successful elements of an event along with areas of improvement.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions: Evaluate event outcomes and formulate data-informed choices that have the potential to shape future marketing strategies. This approach encompasses various methodologies aimed at achieving or surpassing your team’s event objectives.
What makes post-event engagement so critical?
Neglecting to capitalize on a successful event is an unwise approach to conference engagement. Post-event marketing is of paramount importance and is just as important as marketing the initial event. Here’s why capturing post-event engagement should be considered a significant part of your event strategy:
- Keep the discussion going: After participating in your event, enthusiastic attendees are likely to want to continue conversations with any connections made during the meeting. A strategy that sustains connections can foster brand loyalty and will nurture vital business relationships.
- Qualify additional leads: Not all attendees will align with your brand for future events. Leveraging post-event feedback like Q&A or polls can assess interest and accurately anticipate clients who have a genuine interest in partnership. These conversations will allow you to cultivate event leads along with a loyal customer following.
- Expand audience reach and interaction: After an event, you’ll likely possess a wealth of value-add content. Amplify the read of your brand by promoting content across various channels, such as email campaigns, newsletters, social media and video platforms. Sharing post-event content enhances visibility and engagement from event-goers and those whose RSVP was lost in the mail.
- Surpass your event goals: An event’s engagement strategy should encompass pre-, during, and post-event actions to achieve your objectives. Sharing personalized touchpoints like surveys and follow-ups can contribute to increased ROI driving your event’s success. Leveraging data points around this content can drive greater successes in the future.
What are some examples of post-event engagement?
- Thank You Notes: An attitude of gratitude shows attendees, exhibitors and sponsors your thanks for participating in your event. Acknowledge the value they provided by sharing a thank you note. This can be posted on multiple channels: your event website, social media or follow-up emails.
- Gather Feedback via Surveys: Obtain valuable feedback directly from your audience. Prompt them to rate their experience or to answer post-event feedback questions that prioritize the survey-taker’s experience.
- Email Outreach: Emails are a powerful asset for post-event communication, and crafting compelling post-event emails can generate responses. Sending follow-up messages can provide valuable event content and highlights to invitees who didn’t attend, and can be sent via multiple messages in a drip email campaign.
- Sharing Content: Events generate a wealth of valuable content, especially when hybrid and virtual sessions are recorded during conferences. Condensing this content into bite-sized chunks for easy sharing can extend its lifespan and will allow you to engage with your audience following an event.
What are best practices for post-event engagement?
- Harness the energy of your event: Avoiding allowing positive event momentum to dissipate. Begin post-event activities immediately, as attendees have a tendency to move on quickly. Engagement allows companies to maintain their relevance following meetings.
- Time Outreach: Persistence is key when it comes to post-event follow-up. Schedule content to be delivered after an event ends to continue to nurture attendees or request your sales team follow up with leads to generate revenue from continued conversations.